Sunday, July 22, 2007

Pyra Update and New Beads



I have finally got back into a bit of a groove after a couple of weeks off - it's been hot (at least for here) and I've been too busy. I've finished most of my volunteer obligations, and it's nice to be able to sit down and enjoy stitching for a while.

I put in a bit of work over the last few days on Pyra, which is stitched entirely in seedbeads. She's coming together really nicely, and I'm enjoying working on her.

I also managed to get to the glass studio yesterday and put in some time on the torch! It's been far too long. I was playing around with some solid colours that are really summery to me - reds, yellows and greens. I'm not sure that all of these beads were successful, but I still like most of them, and I think they'll find their way into a piece eventually. I also worked a little bit on a present for an exchange partner, so I'll reveal that when the exchange is completed!

9 comments:

Sue said...

I never seen a piece like Pyra before, it's awesome ;)

Ranae said...

Ohh!!! Pyra is looking great. I was wondering about her and meant to ask, but always forgot. The beads are pretty.

Stitchingranny said...

Pyra is lovely I have never seen a picture stitched entirely with beads before.

Love the bright summery colour of your new beads.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Pyra is looking great and will be stunning when finished.

Pretty beads as usual Karin you've got quite the talent for them!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm... the summery beads look like lollies (candy!) Yum. Pyra is looking wonderful.

Cheryl said...

Pyra is gorgeous, as are the beads :)

Anonymous said...

Wow... Pyra is beautiful!

Mary Ann said...

WOW! Pyra is great, and I love the beads!!

Rowyn said...

Wow! Pyra is amazing.