Sunday, January 30, 2011

January BJP Finished!

Here's the finished January Bead Journal Project - a 3" by 3" square, with lots of green on it. I like the organic grassy-ness of the project, and am still getting used to the new beading material. After picking buttons last year, which had their own challenges, the 6" wide interfacing has it's own characteristics, which I'm still getting used to.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Almost a finish....

I decided to try completing a Christmas ornament a month again this year - there was quite a bit of energy around it a few years ago, mostly fueled by the Christmas Ornaments blog, and I thought I would give it a go again this year. I picked a similar design to one I've already completed, hoping to make a little collection at some point. I have more of the little antique buttons coming for the centre, just like the first one, but they haven't arrived yet. Since all of the stitching's done, I thought I would show it off anyways.

Pattern - Floss Box Mini Biscornu Pack 1 with zig-zag border
Floss - DMC Blanc
Fabric - Christmas Red evenweave.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sneak Peak - BJP - January

The 2011 version of the Bead Journal Project has begun, at least in my house. Each of the participants creates 12 beaded pieces to commemorate, journal or represent each of the months of the year. I quickly realized last year that the beads had a way of taking over, and even when I wanted to represent something, it didn't always turn out that way.

For 2011, I have no plan, except to create 12 3" by 3" squares each month. The first one is green, and here's a sneak peek.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Beaded January

Olive, turqouise, blue and apple green.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Baby Biscornu

My first finish of the year! A tiny biscornu, pattern is a freebie by Indigo Rose, thread is "70" by Minnamurra, fabric is "Southern Sky" by Country Stitch, and tiny, tiny glass button by yours truly. The second pic is the button against my hand, just to show how tiny the button truly is.

Sunday, January 09, 2011

St. Petes Update

I've not posted an updated picture for ages, so here it is:

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Monday, January 03, 2011

Out with the old

This is the 2010 "ort" jar I'd been using. I moved over to the 2011 version, but thought I would take a pic before finishing. I've been working on Egyptian Garden a lot, so there's a lot of brown in there.

Because it is the new year, and I feel like I should make some goals for the year, here they are:

Goals for 2011:
- Finish Egyptian Garden
- Finish Part 4 & 5 of St. Petersburg Garden
- Stitch one Christmas ornament a month
- Complete one Bead Journal Project a month

Possible Starts for 2011:
- Chatelaine's King's Vegetable Garden
- Mirabilia's Midsummer Night's Fairy

Sunday, January 02, 2011

BJP - 2010 Finished

I thought I would take one last pic of the 2010 BJP, so I can make room in the side bar for the 2011 versions.