Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Jewelery Class - Project 1


This is the first project from my jewelery class - we've been busy riveting, texturing and soldering in the last couple of weeks, and this is the end result. I made the toggle clasp (at the bottom) as part of the class, and made the beads so that the clasp would have something to hang on to.

As part of this, I found a great new bead store in town. The owner provided some great suggestions on finishing the piece (the copper tubes were her idea) and she even asked about buying some of my lampwork, which is always a great compliment.

6 comments:

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

It's stunning, Karin. Congratulations!

geeky Heather said...

That's gorgeous!!! I hope you'll be wearing the clasp in front! I look forward to future projects...it's very exciting that this is just the first one.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow Karin you're doing some awesome stuff in your class.

Kudos to you for finding a seller for some of your beads!

Jenna said...

Great necklace! And, indeed, what a compliment from the shop owner. I hope you'll make some nice change selling your beads to her. :)

Michelle said...

Oh wow! What a gorgeous piece. And definitely a compliment on your beadwork too!

The Silver Thistle said...

I could look at your beads all day. You're so clever.

That's a very exotic looking necklace. You've made a super job of it!