Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Freecycle Report

I've been freecycling lately in an effort to get some things out of the house. I had 9 lots on offer this weekend to those who'd come to my place and pick them up. The items on offer included a desk, clothes, coats, games/puzzles, books, an air mattress, cookie cutters and some cookbooks. I've now had everything picked up except the desk, and I half suspected that I'd end up tossing that, as it's from IKEA, and not really the best quality. I'm glad the items have a new life and a new home - I could have organized a garage sale, but I'd still likely be left with something left-over, and I'd have to go to all of the trouble to organize and advertise the garage sale. Somehow it's just nice that something in the world are still free too - even if you have to go collect them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it fun to clear some clutter? then you have that much more space to put the new stuff!!

I'm doing the same thing right now. I've realized I'm stagnating and in need of a clean up ... what a load off my shoulders. :o)

Anonymous said...

I love freecycle! I've given new homes to lots of things instead of pitching them :)

Oooh... your glass gummy bears are great!

Jenna said...

That must feel good to have cleared some of the clutter and given away things to a good home instead of having to sell or throw them out. Great job!

Anonymous said...

I *love* freecycle. It's getting rid of the ginormous playset in my backyard and the gravel mulch it sat in. Saved me over $300 and there will be some very happy little girls on the other side of town.

Stitchingranny said...

Simply stunning - what else can i say.