Saturday, May 10, 2014

Bead Soup Blog Party #8!!

Today's reveal date at the Bead Soup blog party.  I know I'm way late, and didn't even let you know I was participating, but it's been an extremely busy spring, and well... life happens.  Hosted by the fabulous Lori Anderson, the bead soup blog party is an event where two people swap a group of beads, and make items with those beads.  The beads must include a clasp and a focal, but can include anything else the two people want to send.  There are 468 of us participating this year, and all of the creations will be available for viewing today on the blog party.  My partner is Karen Jones, a lovely lady that lives only an hour and half from me, and who blogs at Off the Top Creations.

Karen sent me the following pretties to play with - a gorgeous selection of green beads, some stone, some ceramic, with some copper accent pieces and a few lovely brown pieces to balance it all out.




I picked up an issue of Bead Stringing this week, and used Lorelei Eurto's bracelet recipe to make this bracelet.  I used the glass and wood beads from the soup, combined them with a clasp from TheaToo, and added my own lampwork focal and accents to the mix.  I really love this bracelet, and will think fondly of Karen and the lovely things she sent me when I wear it.


Next, on to what I did with the clasp that Karen sent.  I had quite a hard time with this one, as the clasp was a different shape than what I'm used to.  I tried several different combinations, including one version with hot pink beads, before settling on this.  I also used the copper round butterflies and some of the serpentine that Karen sent, along with chain and vintage glass from my own collection.


 Lastly, I created a quick pair of earrings out of some fancy jasper and a couple of lampwork rounds.  I'm quite happy with these, and think the bronze beads at the top and bottom add a lot to the earrings.

Of course, I also sent Karen some goodies to play with, and if you'd like to see what she's done with these, head on over to Off The Top Creations to see her reveal:




If you want to see all of the other pretties, this link will take you to all of the other participating bloggers in the Bead Soup Blog Party!

28 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pieces! I love how the second bracelet turned out!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness Karin I love the way your brain works to come up with such beautiful pieces . Love your bracelets and earrings too ! Thanks for being my experienced partner , you made this first timer feel at ease for the swap/party.

Tammy Adams said...

Lovely soups and beautiful pieces. That second bracelet is my favorite. Love all that copper.

Becky Pancake said...

Great designs Karin. Your lampwork is beautiful

Kari Asbury said...

Love your designs! I'm not sure which is my favorite they are all so beautiful.

la mar de bonita said...

Charming soup, my dear! I love the earthen tones of the first bracelet!

roomforchange said...

Wonderful pieces from a fantastic Soup. I love the first Bracelet!! Gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Great colors you've worked with. Beautiful pieces!

Mary K. McGraw said...

All of your pieces are gray. I can see wearing both of the bracelets and the earrings.

Unknown said...

Ooh pretty! I think the second bracelet is my favorite! I don't normally layer bracelets well and that one is delicious! The color combo and spaced copprer butterflies just looks fabulous.

Kumi Fisher said...

Ohh I love all three but the second bracelet is my fav!!

White Horse Beading said...

I love what you created with your soup, very balanced and pleasing to look at!

Anvil Artifacts said...

Your bracelets are lovely. Love how you combined the colors.

Kepi said...

Both bracelets and the earrings are beautiful but that first bracelet is over the top gorgeous.

PiPa said...

Each piece has something unique: first bracelet an awesome color combo - and a beautiful lampwork bead!!! the second has an interesting mixture of beads and chains,and the earrings are just lovely

bailaora said...

really stunning bracelets, especially the first one!

Othel said...

Good color combination in the first bracelet, good chain combination in the second. I would love to wear both of them, they are so stylish and interesting.

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

Very pretty bracelets and earrings, Karin... I love them all :)

Just Beads said...

Very nice soup. I love the colours and design of the second bracelet most. That's great.

Lori Anderson said...

LOVE the multi-strands! It's something I've never been good at but totally love!

Thank you so much for participating!!!

Unknown said...

I really like your mult-strand bracelets too. The second one is my favorite of the two, but that clasp is beautiful the way you used it in the first. Great job.

Janice said...

Both bracelets are beautiful. The mix of beads, lampwork and gorgeous clasp in the first play together perfectly. I love the second one too with all that beautiful copper and vintage glass. Great designs!

Linda A. said...

Beautiful mix of textures and colors! I love the first bracelet - it's on fire! gorgeous pieces, indeed!

Linda A.
http://fromTheBeadBoard.blogspot.com
http://cherryOnTopDesign.co

sheilaposter said...

The way the bead strands in the bracelet wrapped around was very pleasing, the second bracelet was just as appealing.

Barb Fernald said...

Your pieces came out great! I especially like the second bracelet. Nice job!

CraftyHope said...

Oh that first bracelet is really something superb. Your other pieces are also lovely as well. Wonderful job with your soup.

bairozan said...

I like how you made two different designs - the first bracelet is my favorite for its multiple strands and color coordination. The big lampwork and clasp look beautiful together! I also like the elegance and subtlety of the second bracelet and pair of earrings!

WindDancerStudios said...

Both bracelets are sweet but I really like the second one with the heart toggle :) Great soup!