Saturday, December 30, 2006

The Bargain Bin

I was at my local needlwork store today - I needed a few things, and I thought they might have a sale on, so I decided to stop in. They did have a sale, including a bin of charts that obviously weren't selling or they were looking to get rid of. As I was going through the charts, I noticed one by a BB member who used to be quite active on one of the boards I frequent. She's since stopped putting out new charts, and it was sad to see the last remaining stock my LNS had in the bargain bin. She's not the only one I remember who's stopped designing and stopped posting on the boards I read.

I've noticed that many of the boards I read are less active in the past couple of years, and I don't know if it's because people aren't stitching or they aren't posting, or they are posting, but are posting on board that I don't read. Or, it could be that they blog, and don't post as often.

It's sad to see the end of some of their charts and patterns - I do have one or two of hers, and someday I'll get around to stitching them. She was (and is) a lovely designer, and I hope our paths will cross again someday.

1 comment:

Dani - tkdchick said...

I agree over the last few years many of the BB's have quitetened down and people have kinda disappeared off of the face of the planet.