Sunday, April 29, 2007

Mystery Exchange for Angi




I made this little needlecase for Angi as part of the mystery exchange at the Robin's Nest board. Since it was a mystery exchange, I decided that I could stretch the needlework category to include seedbeads stitched in a peyote stitch pattern. This is a similar technique to the "Pyra" bag I have been working on. The Japanese Kanji on the front of the case means "forever", which I thought was appropriate, considering that most of us would like to think that our needlework will continue forever.

The pattern is from the "Beaded Favors" book by Jennie Might which I picked up a couple of years ago when I was at Shipwreck Beads in Washington State. I've been meaning to make something out of the patterns for a while, so I'm glad that this exchange came along and I could use one of the patterns.

The blog candy contest in the post below is still open until tomorrow night, so I'll draw names then...

7 comments:

Christine S said...

That turned out beautifully, Karin!! I've made a couple of needlecases like that before. The first time was using a Mill Hill kit that had the Mill Hill Magnifica beads in it. The next time I used the same pattern but just picked up some beads in different colours. They're really fun to make!

Cheryl said...

What a beautiful needlecase you made, great job!

Faith Ann said...

What a gorgeous needlecase!!

Lynne said...

It's beautiful !!!

Suz said...

That's fantastic! I have got to make me one of those!

Michelle said...

This is beautiful - what a great exchange gift. I love it!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Beautiufl needlecase karin!