Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Inspired by Winter Blog Hop Reveal

I'm really enjoying joining blog hops this year.  I had joined a lot of exchanges in the past, and although I loved the time and effort that everyone put into their work, there were times that I kind of liked what I'd made, and wasn't ready to part with the item yet. I love that blog hops allow you to make your own thing, but you also get to check out what others have created.  The Inspired by Winter blog hop is just that - a challenge to design a piece that reflects winter.



I have to admit that the Inspired by Winter piece wasn't what I'd started out to create.  I'd imagined a stunning lariat, the loose end spilling over into a multitude of clear and white beads.  I really enjoyed an earlier piece that I created for a charity event, and always thought that it would be beautiful in white.  And using lots of little clear beads reminds me of hoar frost that makes the trees look like beautiful decorations. That's what I'd intended to create before life got in the way - a couple of trips in January, a weekend away and not enough time meant that I'd have to rethink.  I'm still very happy with what I came up with - a piece that drips clear and white beads from links.  When the necklace is on, it looks very regal, kind of like a snow queen.


 





















The rest of the participants in the blog hop are:



16 comments:

Patti Vanderbloemen said...

Icy drip drops on that fabulous necklace - that was my very first impression when I saw your picture on your blog! This is truly a statement piece - and clear and white create a gorgeous monochromatic effect!

AntiquityTravelers said...

Very elegant! I could see that with a simple black dress with the necklace as the star! gorgeous

Empty nester at last said...

Lovely, I shiver just looking at it! It definitely screams winter! great job!

stacilouise said...

its stunning! fit for an ice princess!!!!

lamplight crafts said...

My first impression was icicles. Then flower in ice. But with your explanation...frost patterns. Cool!

Karin Slaton said...

Oh, I agree with Antiquity. I would love to wear this with a black dress, and I imagine those stones would just dance with light.

Mary K. McGraw said...

I often start with an idea in my head and end up with something entirely different. Your snow Queen necklace turned out great and I agree with the earlier post that it would look great worn with a black dress.

Jess Green said...

Hee hee, isn't it true that life can take over sometimes! If you have the vision there's no reason you can't revisit it in the future though! All the same your piece is lovely, like shard of ice that would be work by the queen of winter. In her little black dress ;)

re-maker said...

I immediately thought... this is the necklace of an Ice Queen. I love it!

Mary Lamoray said...

This came out so nice!! Will go with everything and add a special look to whatever you wear!

Tanya said...

I love the way your necklace came out, even if it wasn't what you had envisioned. It is beautiful and definitely a regal necklace.

Libellula Jewelry™ said...

Your necklace is stunning but the description of your original design sounds like it would have been beautiful, too.

Lola said...

Beautiful necklace! I love the contrast of the icy/frosty pieces.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Karin that is beautiful!!!

Jenny said...

I like the contrast of the white and clear, nice variety in the monochromatic palette. Very Snow Queen!

Shel said...

I really like your necklace - even though it's not what you envisioned, it still reminds me of winter and icicles and snowy days! It's perfect!!