Saturday, April 07, 2018

2018 Swap & Hop

It's reveal time for the 2018 Swap n' Hop!  My lovely partner is Jenny Kyrlach, who blogs over at Anafiassa.

Jenny couldn't quite decide what to send, so she sent two packages of beads - one from a green and earthtone mix and one from a red, white and black mix.  Jenny's specialty is her hand-made paper beads, and I was lucky enough to get seven sets of those - in brown, green, grey and white, light red/white, medium red/white and red.  Her handiwork is impressive on those beads - they are so consistent and lovely to use.




I have to admit that my beading mojo was at an all-time low over the last month.  I didn't even torch once, and so completed a couple of things with what I had on hand.  I'll continue to add to the work as I get things completed, so stay tuned for more work.  I did complete two pairs of earrings - one large drop featuring vintage buttons, Jenny's paper beads and some metal beads/  The next pair featured the lovely matte black and transparent red/black glass, plus some German glass from my own collection.



11 comments:

Deborah Apodaca said...

Love those paper beads and how you have used them in the dangle earrings. Can't wait to see what you make with the rest of your stash!

Becky Pancake said...

Hi Karin, the way you used the buttons with jump rings is unique and a beautiful way to showcase the paper beads.

KariAsburyJewelry said...

Very pretty! I'm really loving the way you used the buttons and paper beads...so unique!

Divya N said...

The button earrings are fabulous. They are so bohemian but the colour makes them subtle and elegant as well

CraftyHope said...

I hate to hear that your mojo was so low and hope that you find a way to get it back soon. I really LOVE those button earrings. I have a thing for buttons and your use of these here is amazing. I've never seen them used in this manner and really love the chandelier earring style you achieved. Your mojo may be missing, but your skill is definitely present!

Shai Williams said...

I just love those button earrings! They would work for any occasion.

anafiassa said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your mojo has been at a low... I certainly wouldn't have guessed it, based on what you made! Your earrings are lovely (those button earrings are so cool!), and I'm so so happy that you like the beads that I sent you. I hope they continue to make you happy as your mojo starts coming back!! :)

bairozan said...

That mojo things happens to all of us :( I love the chandelier earrings with the beautiful paper beads and how you used a button to attach all the dangles to, great construction idea!

Dry Gulch said...

Love the grey earring design with the copper accents. Looks like a great piece for wearing out on the town!

Linda A. said...

OOoooOOo I loooove those button earrings! They're adorable and SUPER creative! Great work! LOoking forward to seeing what else you make, soon! =)

Praevka said...

The earrings with buttons are stunning. Great work.