Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Finally - Stitched!


It's been a year where I just haven't felt like stitching much. I'm not really sure why there's been a lack of inspiration, but the other night, I got the urge to finally stitch. I picked one of my favorite ornaments, a great colour and some lovely beads, and set to work!

This is from the JCS 2008 issue, and it's from the Cat's Whisker's Studio. Stitched entirely from Vicky Clayton's Deep Ocean, with Delica beads. This is the second time I've stitched this ornament - the first can be seen here. To complete either version, stitch everything except the small dot symbol in the same colour thread, and replace the small dot with Delica beads.

6 comments:

Kathy A. said...

What a lovely lovely first stitch!!! Congratulations!

Christine S said...

It's really pretty, Karen! As usual, seeing a photo of an actual stitched version of a design has made me look at it anew. I'll have to stitch this one sometime!

Jo said...

oooh, that's lovely. Fabulous colour choice!

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Very pretty - the color is lovely!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Love it!

Sharon said...

Very pretty!