Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Good News

I've managed to get a nasty, awful cold over the last couple of days, and it's not making my life happy at the moment. It's a busy time at work, and I've had some volunteer commitments to take care of, so having a nasty head cold in the middle of it hasn't been much fun.

I did manage to get out to the Flames game on Saturday. I took a friend who had given me a pre-season ticket to the game. We had dinner at a restaurant near the arena before hand, and on the way out, we dropped our names in a bucket for a draw for a couple of tickets.

The restaurant called today, and I won the tickets! I have two tickets to a game two weeks from tonight. They're awesome seats - lower bowl and in the middle of the arena. I'm very excited about the whole thing. I can't even remember the last time I won something like this.

I also got taken to lunch today. Last week we had a big push on at work to collect money and items for a major charity in town. One of the contests was to collect the most goods for the drop-in centre. Our group managed to collect quite a number of items, and so the whole group got taken to lunch.

So its been a good day - free lunch and free tickets!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Yay! Winning something always makes you feel so good :) And by the sounds of it you've been pretty lucky! Maybe you should be buying some lottery tickets. ;)