Sunday, October 15, 2006

I'm back....

I've successfully been to Edmonton and back this weekend - a couple of friends and I saw Delirium by Cirque Du Soleil this weekend. It was their first show mounted for arenas, and it was quite good. All of their other shows have been in stand-alone theatres (i.e. Vegas) or have been under the big top, so it was neat to see the adaptations that they had made to the show to mount it in a sports arena.

It was sprinkling rain this morning, which didn't make the drive back any more fun. I at least got to stop in at the mall, to make sure that I wasn't missing anything new and exciting in the city 3 hours north. There's rumours of an H&M store opening in Alberta sometime in late 2006 or early 2007, and I'll be *all* over that. H&M is by far my favorite store, and considering the nearest store is several thousand miles away from me, it makes up an alarmingly high percentage of my wardrobe. But it's cute, and cheap, and I've been fortunate to buy the clothes in cities that are several seasons ahead of where I live now, so that the clothes are reasonably in style for a while. What more could a girl ask for?

I hadn't actually driven to Edmonton for ages, as I used to fly up when I went regularly. It think the last time I drove myself there was in 1997 for the U2 concert, and I forgot what a terribly boring drive it was. The problem was that the more bored I was, the faster I went, which wasn't really a helpful situation. Fortunatley the highway is mostly straight, and wasn't terribly crowded this weekend, so I could get away with doing that. (And the cops were no where to be seen, which also helped)

I leave on vacation in 4 weeks. It's scary, as I have a large number of things to sort out, and my calendar is hugely packed between now and then. I need advice in a bad way. I've been fortunate enough to have many friends and co-workers that have passed on their photo albums and such, but it's still a very daunting task.

Cheers,
Karin

1 comment:

Christine S said...

What store is H&M? I don't think I've ever heard of it. Glad you enjoyed the visit to E-town! Sometime if you're up here and have a couple of spare hours, we should try to meet up.