Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Amazing Race

I'm totally excited for the new season of Amazing Race - it's going to be all stars, and several of my favorite teams are back. The coal-miners from Kentucky are returning, as are Rob and Amber and a few other notable teams.

I have to say, of all of the reality TV shows, Amazing Race is the only one I might actually apply to be on. I've been sucked into watching a few other reality shows (well, actually most of the reality shows, if I'm really honest with myself). I don't think I'm talented enough for American Idol, Project Runway, or So You Think You Can Dance. I don't think I'm tall or tiny enough for America's Top Model. And I don't think I started out famous enough for the Surreal Life or that Paris Hilton one. So by process of elimination, I think we're down to Amazing Race.

And I think it would be cool to travel to all of those places - I'd probably have to pick someone who didn't mind the eating challenges (although I have already eaten camel prepared the same way as on the Amazing Race last season, so I may have a stronger stomach than I think!). I don't know how I'd handle jet lag and what I'm sure is a lack of sleep, but most contestants on the show seem to be ok, so I'm sure I could tough it out. Especially for a million dollars.

The next season starts in February, so I can't wait until then.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

But... what about Survivor? I love Amazing Race too, though I didn't watch the most recently shown (over here) season (the families one). The all-stars one should be good.

Christine S said...

Yay, I love the Amazing Race and I hope Rob and Amber win this time!! I missed the most recent season but I'll be sure to check this one out.

Great progress on Alhambra Garden, btw!

Katrina said...

I love Amazing Race. There are a few teams it would have been nice to see again but overall the teams are great. I have to say I like the Romber team. Rob is a very competitive player and I know that bothers some people but my standard is how the team treats each other. He's alway a sweetie to Amber and to me that says a lot about him. I like Survivor too, but TAR is my favorite.

The Silver Thistle said...

I've never heard/seen that show here....but what about Big Brother? That would be the one I'd go on if I had to pick......but the stakes would have to be HIGH to tempt me, lol

Michelle said...

I LOVE Amazing Race. I think the thing I love most about it is getting to see all the places they go. Can't wait for the new season to start!

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Hey you forgot Big Brother. But you can't bring in anything so 3 months without stitching would be torture. You could probably squeeze in a few little things in your Amazing Race backpack. I look forward to watching in Feb too. CJ