Saturday, January 06, 2007

The Saturday Report

It's Saturday, and I'm really tempted to go back to bed. Some friends and I shared many bottles of red wine last night, and it's not agreeing with me very well this morning.

It was a bit of an interesting evening - one of the friends I hung out with last night works with another person I'm friendly with. I'm not overly friendly with the second person, but we do have lunch or brunch together every couple of months. Last night's conversation centred around the second friend - she's married and apparently she's been overly attentive with a couple of the guys in the office. This isn't sitting well with my friend. Apparently somehow I'm the bad person for maintaining the second friendship, even though it's only lunch every couple of months. The friend I shared wine with last night really feels "wronged", and although I do see some of her points, it's hard for me to really assess the situation if I don't see a lot of what actually goes on, especially because I don't work with either of them anymore, and don't see the day to day stuff. The two people involved have never really gotten along, and so I know I'm not really getting the unfiltered version of the truth. I don't really maintain a close friendship with the second person, but I don't really want to give up the friendship only to please my other friend.

Other than that it's been a pretty quiet week. I've been trying to be good and get to the gym, and have been fairly successful so far. I live near a large multi-use facility, and it's ordinarly busy with ongoing things. This week of course, it's been extra busy with everyone trying to keep new years' resolutions. I tend to work out late, but I've been going a little later than usual to try and get a machine that's open. I don't tend to sleep as well then, so I've been really tired all week.

Oh - I'll have an Alhambra update soon - I got lots done over Christmas, and want to put pictures up soon.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I think you have the right to keep any friendship you choose. Your friend is wrong to expect you to drop the second friend simply because she doesn't get along with her. At least that's my 2 cents on the matter.

As for exercising, if I work out any later than 5 p.m., I can't sleep at all that night.

Looking forward to seeing your stitching progress!

Christine S said...

I agree with Karen that you don't need to defend your friendship with the one friend to the other. You choose who you want to be friends with.

My ideal exercising time is lunch time but that's just not possible with a 1 hour lunch hour and being nowhere near a gym I can go to. Instead, I'm trying to exercise in the evenings (around 7-8pm) and on the weekends.