Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Looking forward to Mondays

I'm home from dance class, and I don't know what to think. I went tonight (Tuesday) because I have a couple of make up classes that I can go to free, so I thought it would be nice to go to a class that I took last semester and didn't make it all that often too. The hour or so that I'm there is fantastic - I honestly don't think I've laughed so hard in a long time. Everyone in the class jokes, banters back and forth, makes quips. But at the end of the night I didn't really leave breaking a sweat.

Monday nights, on the other hand, I come home drenched in sweat. I'm afraid to go to the gas station on the way home because I look *that* awful. Honestly. It's pretty nasty.

I've come to the conclusion that I'm honestly not capable of working myself as hard as I get worked on Mondays. I can go to the gym, but can rationalize leaving a couple of minutes early, or turning the machine down a couple of notches. I can't do that in the classes - I have to work - there are too many mirrors and too many other people not to.

I posted that I've been to every single Monday class, with the exception of those that I was out of town for. I turn down hockey tickets for Mondays because of dance. This isn't like me. I rarely go to all of something, and certainly not at the expense of hockey tickets.

I guess I feel guilty because I'd like to like the Tuesday class. I'd love to feel the same way about it as I do the Monday class. But I don't. And I'm kind of glad that I only have the couple of make up classes to do.

No comments: