Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year! and New Beads


A large "Welcome to 2007" to everyone who read this. My New Year's "plan" is to get in shape, and to that end, I've been at the gym every day since Friday, and will be heading over after I finish this. I don't use the word resolution, since the word hasn't done much for me in the past, and I think "plan" is a much better use of the word.

For anyone who might be interested, Spark People is a free to use service that does pretty much the same thing that other commerical programs do - it measures calories, exercise, etc. From what I can see, it's as well run as one of the commerical programs that I signed up for, so if you're planning to make a healthy lifestyle part of your life this year, you might want to try it.

Ive posted pictures of new beads as well - they're similar to the bead I posted a couple of weeks ago in colour, but have huge holes in them so that they string onto a cord really nicely. I'm going to have to learn how to line beads like this in silver at some point, as I think it would look really cool.


3 comments:

Christine S said...

Those are gorgeous beads, Karin!! I love them!

I've kind of given up on making resolutions, too. Rather I just have goals or plans. I have a similar plan as you do...to get in shape before my wedding (and continue with healthy diet and exercise afterwards, of course). I'm going to try out my new exercise ball and video today. :-)

Have a great day!

tweezle said...

Happy New Year!!! I wish you much success. Sounds like you've got it pretty much down already. I'm going to have to look into that program.

Love those beads! The colors are just lovely.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Happy New Year!

Pretty beads as ususal!