Saturday, January 20, 2007

I love those days....

When you get to sit around in your PJ's, drink coffee, make a real breakfast and otherwise just chill. I've decided that today is going to be one of those days - I have no real plans, and the week has been such a schmozzle that I need a break.

It's (of course) year end at work, which means doing about 47 things at the same time, and making sure that all of them are right before the auditors get to look at them. And covering for an absence and a few other things. It's been quite a whirlwhind.

And everything I do in my personal life has started up again. I know I shouldn't think "oh, I can fit that in" when someone offers a new opportunity. But I do. And I'd love to be more fit and skinnier and all of that good stuff, so signing up for every activity under the sun *seems* like a good idea at some point in time. So this week, I made it to two dance classes, two different sports teams, a 3 hour meeting, and a professional society dinner. All before Thursday.

But today's about stitching, and relaxing and drinking coffee. And for that, I am greatful.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Sounds good to me. I've had a similar day myself, only the bare minimum of housework to stop the house looking like it's been burgled! x

Karen said...

Sounds like Heaven to me! What did you have for breakfast? Something fried and unhealthy, I hope! ;)

Karin said...

I had bacon and eggs - unfortunatley I don't have any bread in the house, or I would have had toast too.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the perfect day :) Also sounds like you do too much during the week LOL

Christine S said...

I love days at home, too! That's what we did today...we watched a couple of movies and I stitched, played on the computer and had a nap. (Tonight I was productive, but I suspect it's because of the nap!)