Friday, February 22, 2008

The week that was

Thanks for all of the comments on Alhambra - I'm pleased with the progress, and can't wait until it looks all sparkly!

Riverdance was fantastic! I've seen it several times before, and love it each time I go. It's really too bad that the show will close after it tours North America on one last go round. I couldn't believe the people around us though - the woman beside me kept screaming at the child behind her for kicking the seat. I think if you're going to complain about people kicking seats, you should at least wait until the end of the number so that you don't disturb everyone else with your talking. And the woman behind me, who was the the seat-kicking child's mother, was just as bad. For her, the end of each number needed to be accompanied by her yelling "Yeah, Baby!". Each set of neighbours was equally as charming.....

I've spent most of the week away on a business trip, which has meant no stitching time. On the plus side, I was on an airline that offered satellite TV on route, and was able to catch both Coronation Street on the way out and American Idol on the way back!

It was a busy business trip, but I was able to catch dinner with a friend two of the nights. We were really good friends when she lived here, but haven't seen much of each other since she moved out of town. It was fantastic to see her again and to reconnect, and it meant that I was entertained well when I was out of town.

I'm going to be busy this weekend, having fallen fairly far behind in my jewelery class. I managed to be fairly uninspired for a couple of weeks, and haven't been up to the jewelery studio to do any homework, which means that the project which is due this week isn't done yet..... at least there's a weekend in between here and the weekend.

2 comments:

mainely stitching said...

I'm giggling at the thought of being happy because an airline offers TV in-flight. I remember back when we used to fly cross-country to visit our father, how excited my brother and I would get because there were movies instead of TV. LOL!

I hope you get a chance to rest up (and stitch!) after your busy week!!

Vicki said...

I'm loving all the pics you've put up of all the finished projects! Keep up the good work!!

I've finally finished the pay it forward gift I'm sending out to you so look out for mail in the next week or so. I'll probably be sending out on Monday or Tuesday
:-)