Sunday, July 19, 2009

Ah.... Paris!






After visting Vimy Ridge, I spent the next day (and one of the only nice days on my trip) doing some sight seeing. I also took a break for a coffee and some macarons, which are small almond/merangue cookies, filled with icing or jam. There was a bakery a few blocks from my hotel which had the most wonderful flavours - the one's pictured are pistachio, salted caramel and rose, but they also had passion fruit, cassis, and chocolate. Dinner in Paris is usually served late, and many restaurants don't even open until 7:30. I'd usually finish my sightseeing day in the early evening, and then pick up some of these delicious treats to hold me over to dinner.

3 comments:

Christine S said...

I loved Paris!!! I really want to go back one day. I had a really hard time getting used to the late dinners when we were in Europe.

Sara said...

I'd love to go someday! Beautiful pictures and the cookies look pretty yummy too:)

CJ in OK ;-) said...

The pictures are great and the treats look devine. CJ ok;-)