Sunday, March 23, 2008

Back from Vegas...

I decided to take a short jaunt down to Vegas with some friends this week - the attraction of warm weather and sunshine (and shopping!) was too much to resist, and so I thought I'd take a quick break. It was a nice break, and good to catch up with my friends, but equally as good to be back home again. In Vegas, we went to the Star Trek Experience at the Hilton, mostly at the request of one of my (male) friends. Not being a trekie, or even close, I had a very blank look on my face as the tour guide asked what part of a series or movie a certain character or sequence was from. Fortunately, I was with another female who hadn't watched any of the movies or series either, and so the two of us were able to commiserate during the tour.

I finished up Monique's Blog Candy gift this afternoon, and it should be in the mail tomorrow, and hopefully in her hands shortly! I'd actually started this one right after my first two items, but decided it didn't really suit the next recipient, Christine, and so I hope Monique likes it. She's posted that she likes green, so I hope it suits her.

8 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

I'm such a geek I would of LOVED the Star Trek experience! We're hoping to do Vegas for March Break 09!

Juls said...

I wish I had known you were in Vegas...I live here and we have the best LNS.....maybe next time. I would have loved to meet you!!!! Did you get some shopping in and see things besides the Star Trek Experience????

Wendy said...

I hope you enjoyed some warm weather in Vegas! A few days break anywhere would suit me right now.

I hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend.

Mel said...

Thank you so much for the information on the sale in April! I am leaving for Vegas in 9 days and can't wait! :)

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a fun trip! Welcome back!

Stitcher S said...

Glad you had fun in Vegas! We live about four hours away so I guess we take it for granted. I'm always amazed at all the people who journey for MILES and MILES to go to Vegas.

:)

Teresa said...

I am glad you had a nice time! Thank you for your comment on my penguin ornament. I read some of your posts and was so sad to read about your kitty. I have cats too and they are my babies.

Take care
Teresa

Vicki said...

A few days somewhere warm sounds absolutely bliss!!! We just keep getting rain and snow here!