Wednesday, March 05, 2008

A funeral for a camera


<



I've been carting my beloved Canon A80 on my travels for many years now. I think I bought it right before a trip to Victoria several years ago, and it's been my faithful traveling companion ever since. It's now developed an "error" and all of the recommended methods of fixing the camera aren't working. I thought I'd post some pictures that I took with it, as a reminder of all of the great pictures that it took.

I did manage to finish up one of the Blog Candy gifts last night. I'm happy with how it turned out. I just need to put together some little treats to go with it, and ship it off. I'm hoping to finish the remaining gifts before my blog anniversary next month, so we'll see how that goes. Life is still getting in the way of doing much stitching, but I hope to be back at it soon.

I did receive the fabric for St. Petersburg yesterday, and it's lovely. It's a perfect french blue sky colour, which is what I was hoping for.

7 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Poor camera! I hope you can find another just as good!

Anonymous said...

RIP Dear Camera :( - I hope you find one you like just as much!

Kathy A. said...

Oh your poor camera - it has served you well and you are trashing in. It has taken some breathtaking photos.
I do know where you are coming from though. I finally replaced mine a couple of years ago after 15,000 photos. My newer one is in the shop for repair. I am hoping it is back soon. I am lost without it.

Christine S said...

Sorry to hear about your camera! I hope you can find a new one you like just as much.

geeky Heather said...

Those are some really great pics! I'm sure you can find another winner!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Awesome pics! Sniffle get yourself a nice SLR!!!!

Michelle said...

You really have a knack for taking great photos, so I think that a new camera will serve you just as well, if not better. Love those photos though!