Thursday, July 12, 2007

It's Stampede!


I know it's been quiet on the blog, but I've been Stampeding! Calgary's annual rodeo and fair (and the greatest outdoor show on earth) runs for 10 days starting with the first Friday in July. It's always a great time, but super busy. So far, I've caught the art buyers night, the preview of the grandstand show, the parade, a rock concert, a pub crawl, several volunteer shifts, the rodeo, the chuckwagons. I've also eaten way too much beef on a bun and too many hot dogs. And that was just the first 6 days!

I did manage to sneak in a few new beads (no stitching though)....

15 comments:

Christine S said...

Wow, those beads are gorgeous!! Love them! Glad to hear you've been having fun with Stampede. I've been down there a couple of times for it and it was always a good time!

Unknown said...

wow you sound so busy and what pretty beads!

Karen said...

Sooo pretty!

Hazel said...

Sounds like you have been very busy. Great beads!

Karen said...

Your beads are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Yum... those colours go (surprisingly, to me) so well together. Sounds like you've had a great time the last few days :)

Sue said...

Owwwww, pretty beads ;)

Faith Ann said...

Beautiful beads!

Friends of mine in Alberta were using their vacation to take in the Stampede this year... sounds like a lot of fun!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Gorgeous beads!

Glad to hear you're having fun!

Ranae said...

Sounds like lotz of fun. I love the beads, they are gorgeous.

cathymk said...

The beads are just beautiful!

The Silver Thistle said...

Sounds like you've been busy with al the fun stuff going on!

Those are fantastic new beads! Lovely firework pics too. I never seem to manage to catch the moment when I try to photograph fireworks :(

Michelle said...

Love love love the new beads!

Stitchingranny said...

Wow the new beads are absolutely stunning.

Anonymous said...

Oooooooooh@ You are so talented; I wish I could do that. :)