Monday, July 16, 2007

Stampede's Over....

The 2007 version of Stampede wrapped up last night, and it's strangely quiet here. I live next to the fair grounds, so I get the full on version of the fair. I get 10 (or maybe 11) days of fireworks, fair food, rodeo, concerts, parking hassles, non-sober people and all the rest of it. On the final Sunday, I always know I'm going to miss Stampede, but I'm glad it isn't on for any longer than 10 days.

Thanks for all of your great comment on the new beads and on the fireworks. Ipicked the colours for the new beads based on a shirt I had, so I can't really take credit for the colour combination. And I took about 50 pictures of the fireworks, and those were the best three, so I can't really take credit for good fireworks pictures either.

I'm thinking about taking a jewelery class in the fall, and toying with taking the credit version of the class. The calendar says I can sign up based on a previous degree or by discussion with a department head. I really don't want to put a portfolio together to take the class - it seems like a lot of work for very little benefit. I'm also signed up for my usual dance classes, and I'm trying to keep the number of activities I'm involved in down to a minimum, so I'll see how this all works out.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Good luck with your classes in the fall. With your talent, it might not be a bad idea to put together a portfolio of your work anyway. Love your firework photos!