Tuesday, May 08, 2007

From the Tuesday Files...

** Just a reminder that Blog Candy is open until tomorrow night - see the post below for details **


I don't know who's worse - us Canadians, who feel the need to discuss hockey in the Parliament,(see my weekend rant) or the US Secret Service, who decided that a special Canadian quarter was some secret attempt at Canadian espionage.

The quarter has a red poppy on the front, in commemoration of veterans, and was Canada's first coin with colour on it. The "red" in the poppy was sealed in with a compound to keep the colour on. Apparently the Secret Service decided that the sealant was "nano-technology" and filed reports on what it might be used for.

I'm a little frustrated today - I ordered a new beadweaving book by Robin Atkins, and some thread that came highly recommended for the weaving. The thread showed up today, but the book (which is coming from Canada) has yet to appear. Hopefully soon! I still have two more pay-it-forwards to make, and I was thinking of incorporating some of the techniques from this book into one or both of them.

3 comments:

Christine S said...

WOW, that book looks amazing!! Or rather, the things to make look amazing! You'll have some lucky PIF recipients.

Kitty Couture said...

Man, the people sometimes...

That book looks great :)

Shannon said...

The coin issue had me laughing. It's just classic.

Thanks for the link to the book. Wow is all I can say !