Saturday, May 26, 2007

The winner and Bead Show




I closed off the stitch marker drawing, and the winner is Faith Ann! Once I get Faith Ann's info, I'll send them off to her.

This weekend is the annual bead show here in Calgary. It's a pretty small bead show, and so there aren't as many vendors as some of the bigger shows, but it's not a bad one. I picked up a number of seed beads to make tassles or something with, as well as a chain mail bracelet kit. I finished the kit last night, and am pretty happy with how it turned out. I've posted two pictures - one of the whole bracelet and one of me wearing the bracelet. I think the one of the whole bracelet looks tiny, but it actually does fit me quite well. I love making my own chain mail, as then everything is just the right length. I also picked up some glass and a chain for my neck, so I'm well stocked (and just a little poorer) at the moment.

11 comments:

Faith Ann said...

Thank you!! I'll email you right now :)

The bracelet is gorgeous... and I can't wait to see how you use some of your beads!

Juls said...

Stunning bracelet!!!!! So creative!!!!

Christine S said...

Love the bracelet, Karin!! Thanks for the info on the mailing date for the exchange...I'll ponder it over the weekend.

Suz said...

Yay for Faith Ann!!

And I love that bracelets, it's just faboo!

Lynne said...

What a beautiful Bracelet !!! Congratulations on the Stash increase ! The beads are beautiful too.

Mary Ann said...

A pretty array of colorful beads, and I love the bracelet!!

Sue said...

The bracelet is beautiful and I love all those beads, so colorful ;)

Glenda said...

Beautiful bracelet!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wonderful bracelet! I lovve your chain!

Anonymous said...

OMGosh that bracelet is just so pretty! I watched a show about making chain mail a while back, and thought I'd like to try... but time has not been on my side LOL

Christine said...

Your bracelet is absolutely gorgeous!! I LOVE chain mail and this piece is very beautiful!