Saturday, February 03, 2007

So I'm at the hockey game...

I'm at the hockey game last night and my buddy and I are sitting next to a family of four - mom, dad and two kids. All is good until the second intermission, when mom starts to pull out her expense report, and proceeds to fill in the details. The guy I was with and I were both completely aghast - It's *Friday* night, you have tickets to a professional sporting event, you're spending quality time with your family and you have some need to do paperwork in the middle of it? I know people in this city love to claim to be "busy", but I think doing your expense report at the hockey game takes that to new lows.

In other news, I love the new non-smoking bylaw here. We're likely one of the last cities in North America to go smoke free, and last night was the first time I've been to a bar since the non-smoking bylaw was passed. It's fantastic! I love coming home and not needing a shower because I smell like the inside of an ashtray. I can actually enjoy a pint with friends now.

1 comment:

Christine S said...

Hmmm, maybe she was writing off the cost of the hockey game?? That does seem awfully strange.